Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Introduction

This introductory blog I will treat more as a first date...a get-to-know-you session before the serious commitment of sharing little sweet restaurant nothings in your ear. As a banker (what a surprise, huh) living in Charlotte with not much time to cook for myself and a wife who is still mastering the art of not burning water, I have been forced into a life of the endless pursuit of the restaurant circle of trust (def'n - the restaurants that one feels comfortable adding to the list that have a low probability of disappointment both in quality of food and hospitality).

Looking back at when I first moved to the QC, I often wished that I could get restaurant recommendations from someone who had been here for a while, had a pretty good grasp of the eating scene and was willing to share their experiences (other than the stuffy food critics who either could only speak to food I had no desire to eat or wrote about restaurants that were so far away from where I lived, I would need to pack a bag lunch just to get there). It was not until recently when a few colleagues of mine suggested I start my own food blog to share my thoughts on the good, bad and ugly eating establishments in Charlotte that the concept of "The BIGeater" was born. I am pretty sure that they suggested this idea to me more as a way to shut me up from talking about where I would suggest they go to dinner that night rather than as a call for help but hey, you asked for it boys and you're going to get it...and besides, I really do have a lot to say on the subject of eating.



I have no formal training from Le Cordon Bleu, the CIA, J&W or any other culinary school for that matter but what I lack in classroom knowledge I make up for in good looks and quick wit...ok, so maybe those traits don't a good food blogger make or are even a fair desription of me but having a sincere concern for making sure people are not disappointed in their choice of dinner destination is.



For those looking for an unbiased blog that talks objectively about the restaurants in Charlotte, you came to the wrong place. The BIGeater is meant to be fun with stories about dinner experiences and views on restaurants I think you should try. Not all will agree with my assessments and even more may feel offended by some of the content so for those that feel that their opinion is the only opinion, sikdir git (from a Turkish friend), go start your own fcking blog!



Looking forward to sharing my experiences with those willing to listen and please let me know of any restaurants that you feel need a good blogging.

2 comments:

Daniel Eller said...

Sweeeeeet!! Can't wait to hear about the first restaurant!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... Siktir git!!

This is good stuff :)

Zeynep